When visitors leave comments on our website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave an enquiry on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
CT7 collects and retains records of interactions in person, via written correspondence or via other communication methods.
How do we collect information?
The main ways we collect information about you are when you:
- purchase tickets, memberships or subscriptions electronically or otherwise through our website or box office;
- subscribe to our mailing lists;
- communicate with us including in person, via mail, email, phone or using our website ‘Contact Us’ functionality;
- attend a CT7 performance, venue or event;
- otherwise submit information about yourself, or someone else.
We will endeavour to collect any personal information directly from you, unless it is otherwise impractical or unreasonable to do so.
If anyone, including you, provides us with information about you that we did not seek to collect from them or you, we will only hold, use or disclose this information if we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it. In this circumstance, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you of the collection of that information. If we could not have collected this information, we will lawfully de-identify or destroy it.
Use of personal information
The personal information we collect may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
- to verify your identify and to process ticket, subscription and any other payments;
- to issue ticketholders with tickets;
- to verify your identity and determine your eligibility to receive discounted or concession tickets;
- to manage subscriptions and inform subscribers about upcoming performances;
- to make you aware of any upcoming events;
- to inform you of offers from our third-party sponsors and providers which we judge to be of potential interest to our customers or other stakeholders;
- to receive feedback, so that we can learn and improve our services and events to better suit our audience;
- to administer our community programs and provide educational resources and events;
- to gain information to make decisions on future programming;
- to provide market research, strategic branding and marketing services;
- to enhance and improve your CT7 experience;
- to respond to any questions, comments or queries submitted to us;
- for internal business purposes, for example, to research and develop our procedures and management; and
- as required or authorised by law, including under the Sri Lankan Privacy Principles.
Disclosure of information
We will only use personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to the provision of our services. In certain scenarios, if the research purpose could be achieved using de-identified information, the information you provide will be de-identified prior to disclosure to any third parties.
In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to assist us in providing our services, or where disclosure is required by us to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. Third parties may include:
- email marketing platforms and communication services, to enable us to communicate with you;
- service providers who may make contact with you via telephone on CT7’s behalf about CT7’s offerings;
- research agencies for CT7 audience research and analysis;
- hosting services for the website and databases;
- technology support services;
- government and law enforcement agencies and regulators; and
- entities established to help identify illegal activities and prevent fraud.
We may also disclose your personal information to anyone authorised by you, or to whom you have provided your consent (either expressly or impliedly) or where another permitted general situation applies under the Privacy Act.
This applies to information which we have collected from any related body as if we had collected the information ourselves.
CT7 has a policy of not providing names, addresses or other personal information to anyone wanting to contact our database for the purposes of marketing their own products and services to you.
CT7 will only permit special offers or invitations from third parties to be made through us, where such an offer is judged by us to be of some interest or benefit to our customers and therefore related to our purposes.
We may use personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services. We may also use it for other purposes for which you might reasonably expect us to use that information. This includes sending you information about events, new developments and performances, by email, telephone or any other form of communication. You authorise us to use any email address or other contact information you provide to use at any time for such above purposes.
You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving some or all marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send you relating to the services we provide.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to contact us for any of the reasons described above, including to correct or access the information CT7 holds about you or to make a complaint or enquiry, please contact us via email@example.com.